The Division of Pediatric Nephrology provides outpatient consultation and inpatient hospitalization for children from infancy to adolescence who suffer from renal disease or hypertension. We are able to provide kidney transplantation as well as long-term and short-term dialysis treatments. The Pediatric Nephrology team also provides prenatal consultation for congenital anomalies of the kidneys and urinary tract (CAKUT) at the Center for Advanced Fetal Care and collaborates closely with the Division Pediatric Surgery to provide comprehensive management of children with urologic disease and kidney transplantation.
Watch the story of a young girl who received a kidney transplant at the University of Maryland.
Areas of Expertise/Patient Conditions
- Kidney transplantation
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Continuous veno-venous hemofiltration
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Water deprivation tests
- Acid loading tests
- North American Pediatric Renal Trials and Cooperative Studies (NAPRTCS)
- Chronic Kidney Disease in Children Study (CKiD)
- Pediatric Trials Network
- Anti-hypertensive trials in children with hypertension and renal disease
- Camp All-Stars for children with chronic kidney disease, dialysis and kidney transplants
University of Maryland Medical Center Pediatric Specialty Practice
22 S. Greene Street, Room N5W40
Baltimore, MD 21201
Additional Practice Locations
To schedule an appointment with Pediatric Nephrology, please call 410-328-6749.